A Comprehensive Musicianship Band Method.
Authors: Deborah A. Sheldon, Brian Balmages, Timothy Loest, Robert Sheldon. Percussion Written and Edited By David Collier.
Measures of Success was created to ignite musical curiosity, to unite conceptual knowledge with performance skills, to foster understanding of the many ways that people share and interact with music, and to assess each student's continued musical growth.
While there are differing opinions on starting systems, directors agree that the music itself is the most important component of a method. Every exercise in Measures of Success has been sequenced to promote optimal development through great musical content. Creative titles stimulate the imagination, musicianship challenges promote expressive playing, and special attention is paid to important concepts such as phrasing. In addition, students will enjoy full band arrangements and original compositions by renowned composers
Brian Balmages and Robert Sheldon. Directors will quickly discover that this performance-based method also introduces student to critical listening, composing, conducting, music history, and other elements that bring about a deeper understanding of music.
About the Book:
About the CDs:
- Unique chapter organization provides a goal-oriented format
- 6 full-page assessments include critical listening, playing by ear, theory and terminology, composing/arranging, performance.
- Wealth of classical and world music representing over 35 composers and 20 countries
- 25 pieces for full band
- Duets, rounds, and 2 solos with piano accompaniment
- Multiple opportunities for improvisation
- 2 Play-along CDs feature demo and performance tracks with professional musicians
- Features in SmartMusic, the award-winning learning software
- Correlates with art and world history
- Incorporates the National Standards for Music Education
- Additional features including conducting, rhythm review, clapping exercises, scales, and more!
- Each track includes a demo version with professional musicians followed by accompaniment only
- Outstanding accompaniment explore a wide variety of musical styles to keep practice exciting and interesting
- Play classical and world melodies with characteristic accompaniments that include: Concert band, full orchestra, Rock, Latin, Jazz, Funk, country, Electronic, World Music.